Role: Specialist Property Management Accounts Team
Start Date: Immediate
Position: Full time, 37.5 hours a week
Do you want to work for a business that’s serious about you and your ambitions? Do you share our values of achieving high standards and enjoying your work? Do you take pride in growing, supporting and challenging yourself and others, and not being someone who sits on the fence?
If so, read on…
Due to recent sustained growth, we have a fantastic opportunity to join our specialist property management accounts team. We are looking for a confident, honest and friendly individual to work in a small specialist team within Myers Clark and have client-facing responsibilities as soon as they have settled in.
The ideal candidate
This role is for someone who is looking to join a tech savvy, forward-thinking team. They should be a confident, approachable individual who has an analytical mind and excellent attention to detail. We are looking for a candidate with strong verbal and written communication skills who is able to self-manage their workload. Previous accounting experience is preferred but not essential, however an interest in the sector is vital.
This role will involve the preparation and certification of service charge accounts for residential management companies and commercial properties. Reporting initially to the senior accountants and then to the manager, you will be liaising directly with clients and agents on any queries they have. You will be working with flat management companies to provide service charge accounts and associated SME company accounts and tax (where applicable) and preparing accounts (on CCH) to their final level from cashbook records or basic trial balance.
You will be carrying out bank reconciliations, calculating and posting prepayments and accruals, reviewing expenditure and analysing differences with clients or agents, and completing the accounting file in Excel. Working to monthly financial reporting deadlines, you will mainly be dealing with small accounts from a high volume of clients. Being able to self-manage all work is essential, as is reporting to the manager regularly with updates and deadlines.
In return, this is our promise:
- We promote a happy environment that’s rooted in positivity
- We encourage community and charity support
- We help you grow and develop with AAT study support available
- We want to help you achieve your ambitions
- We offer a competitive salary
- You’re able to work from home up to three days a week (remote and flexible working is available after successful completion of the probation period)
- You’ll have the opportunity to prepare year end statutory accounts and corporation tax returns depending on experience and ambitions
- You get 23 days holiday excluding bank holidays (3 days reserved for Christmas and New Year closure)
- You will receive statutory sick pay
- After one year’s service, your contractual sick pay entitlement will increase to one month
- Workplace pension upon completion of probationary period
- A BHSF Health Plan and BUPA (P11d Benefit) upon completion of probationary period
- Life Assurance Scheme (three times annual salary)
- Support for remaining study or CPD courses
Desired qualifications / knowledge:
Qualifications: GCSE in Maths and English Language (B or above), AAT Level 2
Essential skills: Attention to detail, strong and open communication, basic accounting skills including bank reconciliations, calculation of prepayments and accruals.
Desirable skills: Experience using CCH.
Software: Excel, Word, Outlook and Teams proficiency. Experience with accounting software.
How to apply
If this sounds like you, then we would love to hear from you. Myers Clark is always looking to grow and we’re always interested to hear from people who would like to work with us.