You’re here because you’re looking for the right place to undertake your ACA training and become a qualified Chartered Accountant.
We know how important it is to learn the ropes in an environment where you feel valued and on a structured path to achievement.
We wanted to give you a picture of what it looks like to be a part of our team and share some of the experiences of those who have gone before you!
At Myers Clark, trainees are valued members of the team and play a key role in the team’s success from day one
It’s important to us that everyone at Myers Clark feels seen for the work they do and for their contribution to the team.
Our firm is large enough to provide trainees with structured training, interesting and varied work and a chance to progress, whilst being small enough to treat them as individuals.
ACA trainees are recruited annually into our Assurance & Advisory Department, which is made up of qualified and trainee accountants supported by a small administration team. Together the team achieves success by providing a supportive & encouraging environment and plenty of opportunities to progress.
ACA trainees follow a prescribed training plan to acquire the wide range of skills a future-focused accountant needs
We have found that the best senior members of our team are those who gained a really good understanding of the basic principles of accounting in their training.
This is why all of our trainees start their journey mastering the basics of cloud bookkeeping before they move on to preparing accounts and looking at taxation and auditing.
What the journey looks like:
From day one you will be interacting with senior staff and our clients
You’ll learn the all-important soft skills that are key to becoming a successful Chartered Accountant. Advising clients on all aspects of their business is a big part of what the senior members of the team do and, as you gain experience, you will be given the opportunity to develop these skills.
You will be learning on the job whilst being supervised and supported by more experienced staff members.
You will be encouraged to progress, and year on year you will be given more responsibility for the completion of client work. As you progress you will provide training and support for more junior staff. By the end of your training period, we would expect you to be working directly with managers whilst being responsible for completing audit and accountancy assignments, including supervising & reviewing the work of more junior staff.
“I worked in a Big 4 firm before coming to Myers Clark. The biggest thing I have noticed is how I’m seen by the company. Here at Myers Clark, I feel like part of the team, whilst also being seen as my own person. This has been the case when agreeing to the degree of flexible working, as well as my study as I work towards my ACA qualification.”
Are we a good fit for you?
If you enter into the application process for a trainee position, you’ll get to know our team on a more personal level. But here’s a little about the kind of firm we are and the kind of clients we love to work with.
- We have a diverse client base that operate across many sectors and vary in size. No two clients and no two assignments are the same. As well as standard trading businesses, a substantial number of our clients are charities, pension funds, clubs and property management companies giving our trainees the opportunity to get much wider experience and make informed choices when considering their post-qualification options.
The team and environment:
We strive to create an environment where all staff enjoy their work and feel like part of a team.
Every person is given the opportunity to define their own career path however big or small their ambitions might be. We value everyone’s opinion, and all team members are encouraged to contribute ideas to help us achieve our purpose.
If you visit the how we work page on our website, you’ll see we encourage our clients to get on the Myers Clark path to achievement. We’re serious about our clients ambitions, and that applies to our team too. We promise to:
- Support you in your studies and work
- Challenge you to grow and develop
- Help you achieve your ambitions
Due to our commitment to continued professional development, many of our trainees choose to stay with us post qualification to progress in their career with us.
- We have an active social committee which is elected and run by our staff. The Social Committee organises the Christmas party and other social events throughout the year. Each department also has its own social budget with events chosen and organised by department members.
- Staff also take part in national and local charity fundraising events and we have a monthly dress down day to raise funds for charities nominated by members of staff.
- We have recently formed a Community Action Group where those who have volunteered will be given the time and space to action plans where the firm can “give back” to the local community and improve our sustainability journey.
At Myers Clark we conduct ourselves by these core values:
- Get off the fence
- Achieve high standards
- Enjoy your work
- Grow, support and challenge
You can read more about our values, philosophy and virtually meet our team by visiting our team page.
I value the warm and friendly atmosphere at Myers Clark which makes it a place that is more conducive to training, learning, and developing. The firm and departmental social events throughout each year help to build a great team ethos which has really contributed to a memorable and enjoyable training experience.”
Audit & Accounts Senior
Could you be a good fit for us?
We are looking for ambitious people, who share our values, with a genuine interest in pursuing a long-term career in accountancy. You must have commitment and drive to successfully complete on the job training and pass professional exams.
If you are interested in training as an ACA accountant with us, please email us to request an application form at firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is more information about the position on ICAEW training vacancies website which has further details https://train.icaew.com/job/6513231/trainee-chartered-accountant/